With the WiseTime for Practice Panther connection your Matters and Items are synced so they appear automatically in WiseTime. You can seamlessly send recorded activity from WiseTime, to appear as time entries in your Practice Panther matters, ready to be invoiced. No need to start-and-stop a timer or manually create time entries.
Connecting WiseTime to PracticePanther
To connect WiseTime to PracticePanther you must first have a WiseTime account for the administrator user to authenticate the connection for your whole team. We usually recommend setting up an email alias such as email@example.com to authenticate the connection.
Please note: Only one user of your PracticePanther team needs to create the connection for all users to be able to use WiseTime with PracticePanther.
Once the authenticating user for WiseTime has been set up, you can create your PracticePanther connection.
Follow the steps below to set up your connection:
- Go to the online console at wisetime.com/console
- Click on the "Settings" page from the left-hand menu
- Scroll down to 'Connections', and click on "New Connection"
- Then use the dropdown menu to select Connection Type "Practice Panther"
- You will then be directed to PracticePanther to authenticate your account. If you are not already logged into your PracticePanther account, you will be prompted to log in before you can connect.
- You will then need to allow WiseTime access to connect to your PracticePanther account
- Once done, you will be redirected back to the WiseTime console and your new connection will appear listed under 'Connections'
Your WiseTime-PracticePanther connection is now up and running. Please note it may take a few minutes to sync all of your matters from PracticePanther.
Note: either the email address used when registering to WiseTime or the 'external user id' must match the email address used in PracticePanther for the user to be able to post time.
Connector property settings:
After you create your connection, you can re-authenticate the connection (1) at any time. This may be necessary if your PracticePanther connection is lost due to an issue with your PracticePanther subscription, or if the user who initially authenticated the connection has left your WiseTime team.
The connection settings below can be used by system administrators to manage advanced properties for your connection. Please note that these are optional settings and are not required for the connection to function.
Available properties to configure:
- ADD_SUMMARY_TO_NARRATIVE (2) can be set as TRUE or FALSE. It determines if the summary of your narrative will be sent to your connected system by default.
- ACTIVITY_TYPES_NON_BILLABLE (3) is a comma-separated list of activity types that should be posted with the non-billable option in PracticePanther.
- SHOW_CLOSED_CASES (4) can be set TRUE or FALSE. If marked FALSE, WiseTime will not import the matter IDs of Lawcus matters marked as 'Closed'. Correspondingly, WiseTime will not automatically tag any time rows to a closed case.
Using WiseTime with PracticePanther
WiseTime for PracticePanther will do wonders for your productivity
WiseTime is for attorneys with more important things to do than timekeeping. We know the trouble of losing time because you were too busy to record it.
WiseTime autonomously captures your activity while you work and collates it in a private timeline, ready to review. WiseTime relieves you of the need to press start and stop on a timer or remember your time.
Imagine reaching 5 o'clock with never manually recording a minute and having a detailed draft of your day's activity.
Your PracticePanther IDs are automatically identified
Using the latest AI technology combined with WiseTime's autonomous time capture, you can be more productive than ever.
With WiseTime connected to PracticePanther, your matter IDs are synced directly from PracticePanther to WiseTime. This means any matter IDs that appear within your activity timeline are automatically recognised.
WiseTime uses the title of your active window so that any document or email that you work on with the matter ID present in the document name or subject line will be automatically assigned to the correct matter.
Your activity is seamlessly sent to PracticePanther
Everything in your timeline is 100% private to you, so you can review your day’s work, assign any additional matter IDs to an activity or add descriptions before you choose which activities are posted to PracticePanther ready for billing.
Effortlessly create detailed invoices
With WiseTime as your memory, you won't miss a minute and your timekeeping will be detailed and meticulous - all without any manual input from you. Now you can easily send clients invoices that show them exactly where your attention was.
Bill better and fast with WiseTime connected to PracticePanther.