The time markers allow users to add 'Notes' to their timeline information of the tasks that they are working on.
For example, if you use Westlaw there is no useful information that WiseTime can detect from the URL so it can not be identified how much time was spent on what.
There are two ways that you can add a time marker in your Timeline, you can add it directly from your timeline or from the WiseTime desktop app.
To add a time marker to your Timeline from the Desktop app, follow the steps below:
- Open the WiseTime Desktop App
- Select the Mark Time tab
- Add a description and the time
- Recently used time markers descriptions are remembered for you to re-use
- The label/description can be a project/client name or a case/matter reference
- Click the icon to add this marker to your Timeline
To add a time marker directly from your Timeline, follow the below steps:
- Click from your Timeline
- Select 'Time Markers' from the drop down
- A pop-up will appear for your to add the label/description and change the time
- Click Submit
The time marker will then be added to your timeline with the necessary time rows appearing underneath that relate to the marker.
Users can add time markers when they switch working between matters (can add the matter name/number to the time marker label/description) so that there is more context in the Timeline for when time needs to be posted.