The WiseTime App will capture any activity that you do on your computer and automatically sync it to your Timeline accessed in a web browser. You can review your private timeline by clicking on the WiseTime icon in your system tray and clicking on Timeline
Note that the WiseTime timeline requires an active internet connection to sync and open. If you are offline, the WiseTime App will continue to capture your activity but you won’t be able to view it in the Timeline until you reconnect.
Navigating Your Private Timeline
Your private timeline shows a detailed view of your logged activities. This is where you can review your activity, add manual time, delete entries, add tags, groups and descriptions to your entries. This is also where you come to post your time in order to share it with your team and send it to your connected system.
There are two sections to your Timeline, you have your Timesheet (1) at the top where you can create timesheet entry lines and post your time. Your Timeline (2) shows a log of tracked activities as time rows, these are in hour blocks and from a time row you can create a timesheet entry.
At the top of the page, you will see a tab for each day (3) that allows you to navigate through your week. The arrows (4) on either side of the tabs allow you to change weeks. You can also jump to a specific week using the calendar icon (5) and if your team has time posting goals, this where you can see your Activity Summary Tiles, you can learn more here.
- Left/right arrows will allow you to go up and down by day
- Shift & left/right arrows will allow you to go up and down by week
Timeline viewing options (6):
- Shows only untagged time
- Shows only tagged time
- Show all trashed time entries that haven't been permanently deleted
The timeline viewing options will carry across days, so they are very useful when you are looking through your week.
Sort by (7):
- App - sorts the hour segment by application
- Chronology - sorts the hour segment in the order the activity happened
- Reverse Chronology - sorts the hour segment in the reverse order the activity happened
- Duration - sorts the hour segment with the longest time recorded for an activity at the top
- Window Title - sorts the hour segment by window title in alphabetical order
You can also sort the entire timeline (8) by either ascending or descending hours.
Note: The sort settings will carry across days and be retained.
Adding manual time and time markers (9):