WiseTime's AI technology makes organising your timeline quicker and more intuitive.
WiseTime learns alongside you, suggesting relevant tags for your time entries. Over time, WiseTime gets smarter and will start suggesting tags to you that look like they may be related to the tasks reflected in the timeline. As WiseTime learns more, you'll save more and more time, as the job of tagging and organising your entries each day becomes even quicker.
How it works
Every time a tag is applied to a time row and this time row is posted, WiseTime 'learns'. After an initial training period, WiseTime starts making tag suggestions for untagged time rows. Tag suggestions will only be shown for time rows where the Machine Learning algorithms "think" they have found a suitable match.
WiseTime collects its AI knowledge across your team's tags from all of your team members, so that your tagging suggestions become more accurate, faster. By sharing the learnings amongst the team, training WiseTime becomes a team effort - the better your team works together to train WiseTime, the better your suggestions will become.
To accept a suggestion, click on the green tick next to it, or, to reject it, click on the red cross:
You'll notice that the suggested tags look different to confirmed tags. Once you accept a suggestion, it will become a regular tag.
You can assist WiseTime's learning by continuing to add tags to your time rows as normal; and accepting any suggestions that are applicable, or rejecting the ones that are not a strong fit.
It is essential you post your tagged time for WiseTime to consider it in its learning algorithms. We encourage regular, daily time posting to speed up training the AI.
Do I need to accept or reject all suggestions prior to posting time?
No, you don't. You can also implicitly accept or reject tags in the following ways:
- Implicitly accept a tag: If you select a row that has a suggested tag on it and proceed to post it, without any other tags attached to the time row, WiseTime infers that your posting action implies you accept its tag suggestion. The Time row will be posted with the suggested tag attached to it, just as if you had first accepted the tag and then posted it.
- Implicitly reject a tag: If you make a time row part of a group before posting, a suggested tag on a time row will not be applied to the group, unless you choose explicitly to accept the suggestion for the entire group. So, if you post a group that contains a time row with a suggested (unconfirmed) tag, WiseTime will use only the regular tags chosen or accepted explicitly for the group, and will implicitly reject any unconfirmed suggestions.
We do recommend that you explicitly accept or reject suggestions as much as possible, as this will aid the learning process and make WiseTime's AI even smarter.
Is it instant?
WiseTime is constantly analysing your tags and looking for meaningful suggestions at all times. WiseTime will only incorporate learnings for tags that are posted, as all tags and activities in your timeline are considered private drafts until you post them. This means that regular posting, daily or even throughout the day, will increase the rate of learning. Note that WiseTime takes a little time to process tags and patterns before it can offer you suggestions, so suggestions based on new activity won't always appear instantly.
Suggestions will appear when WiseTime has qualified a tag and a time row as a strong match. This may happen moments later, or, if the match isn't very strong, WiseTime may wait for the tag to be applied again to a different row before it suggests likely future matches.
The more you teach WiseTime, by tagging, accepting and rejecting suggestions, the quicker and more accurate the suggestions become.
What if I don't like one of the suggestions?
If you don't think the suggested tag is appropriate, you can simply click on the red cross and reject it. The correction will be incorporated into WiseTime's training once the time row is posted with a different tag (or without one). By continuing to accept or reject suggestions, and posting your time, you will be helping WiseTime's AI get smarter and offer you and your team more relevant suggestions in future. You can also remove tags from being included in the learning algorithms - read on.
How do I exclude tags from suggestions?
If you are using a generic tag that isn't specific to certain tasks, such generic tags may be returned by the AI mechanism as a false positive. It is possible for you to remove a tag from the machine learning functionality in the tags section of WiseTime. Once disabled, no suggestions will be shown for this tag.
To disable the tag:
- Go to Tags page in the left hand menu of your console.
Note that you must be a manager, owner or user administrator of a team to view the Tags page.
- Hover over the tag you wish to exclude and click on the edit button
- Once in the edit screen, you'll see a tick box at the bottom that allows you to 'exclude from tag suggestions'. By default this is always unchecked, but if you wish to exclude specific tags, you can tick this box at any time.
- Click on the 'save' button at the bottom of the dialog box to save your exclusion preference.