Efficient grouping using the Magic Wand
By developing an efficient grouping process you will really notice WiseTime's ease and simplicity. WiseTime has a suite of tools with which you can develop a method that works for you - these include the Search function and the View only icons. Now, we've added a Magic Wand tool to the activity pane that makes grouping tagged time rows a breeze. See below our suggested method for grouping using the Magic Wand...
- Select at least one tagged row on your timeline and click ‘Create Group’
- Use the Magic Wand tool to instantly add all other time rows containing the same tag to your group
- Choose 'View Only' -> 'Untagged' to easily see what remaining time rows are left to tag
- Add any other untagged time rows by selecting multiple lines and clicking the ‘add to group’ icon in the activity pane
- Add in a description, and post your time through to Inprotech!
Avoid an end-of-month WIP mess
You can avoid your WIP report showing multiple 1-2 minute entries by using the grouping function as much as possible.
- If you post your time row-by-row, Inprotech will interpret each posting as an individual unit and thus apply the minimum charge to each posting in your WIP report (not ideal - for you, your EA, or your client)
- If, instead, you group all time spent on a case before posting it, you can be sure that the WIP report neatly reflects your casework (a better outcome for everyone!)
For a more accurate WIP report, it's best to save posting until the end of the day (set yourself a recurring reminder 10 minutes before EOD) or post only when you know you are finished working on the case.
- Click on one or more time rows related to the same case and create a group by clicking 'Create Group' in the activity pane. Remember: you can keep multiple groups open during the day
- It may help to give the group a name so that you can identify between other open groups
- You can add more time rows to that group as you work, using the ‘add to group’ icon (for untagged items) or the Magic Wand tool (to gather up time rows with matching tags)
- Make any adjustments to the total time of the group, adding a description and Activity Type, if necessary
- Post all your open groups at the end of your day, or once you know you’ve finished working on the case.