Depending on your WiseTime settings and connections, there are several possibilities that may be causing your time to fail during posting. These could include:
- Your network connection is temporarily lost
- A tag and/or activity type is missing from a time row, if you have a connected system set up and/or have enabled the 'require tags' or 'require activity type' setting
- There is an issue with the case file or matter in your connected system, such as
- The case or matter you are posting the time row to no longer exists or has been deleted from your connected system
- The case or matter is blocked from receiving any further posted time, perhaps due to client payments being in arrears
- There is an issue with the subscription of your connected system - WiseTime will not be able to post time to the connected system until the subscription has been corrected
- There is a payment issue with your WiseTime subscription, and your account has been placed on Restricted Mode until the subscription payments are up to date.
Individual error messages provide specific information on the reason for the error.
Handling errors and re-posting the time
When a time row posting fails, an error message will appear at the top of the console, and the time row will be highlighted (1) with red shading and a lightening bolt symbol to indicate it has not been posted.
To view any failed postings more clearly, you can toggle the console view to filter out all other time rows by clicking 'Show Failed Entry' in the main error message (2).
By hovering over the error time row at any time you can view more information about the reason for the error, as well as Clear (3) the error to return the time row to its neutral state.
If the time row error is not cleared, WiseTime will re-attempt to post the time row several times. Note that WiseTime will not re-attempt posting if the error is deemed permanent (eg. if the user, tag or activity type is not found in a connected system).
At any time, you can remove existing tags or activity codes from the error time row, adding new tags or activity codes and re-posting the time row. Alternatively, you may also delete the row at any time.