Using the search bar tool, you can search for any text appearing in the time row (including tags / case references). The search results show across all days, helping you identify particular cases, or perhaps administrative time that you can post to your misc-admin file.
You began preliminary work on a case last week, before the IRN had been created in Inprotech. That time has been left unposted in your console, but now that a reference has been created for the case, you want to assign it retrospectively in your Timesheet. Use Search to locate that old time, tag and post in a few clicks!
- In the search bar, you can search multiple words (eg. the patent name, client name, case reference, even an app name)
- This will return all time rows containing one or any of the search terms (search results are displayed on each day tab)
- Select time rows as necessary
- Create a group with all selected time rows
- Add the new tag (case reference) and the appropriate activity code
- Add a narrative, adjust total time as required
- Post time.
You don’t typically bill your time spent on general administration, but still want to account for it in your time reporting. You could easily locate all this time, apply a non-billable activity code (such as Misc-Admin) and post it quickly using the search function:
- Type multiple search terms (such as “calendar” “timesheet” “slack”) into the search bar
- This will recall all time rows containing any of the terms
- Select all time rows with one click to the ‘All’ check box in the top left corner
- Add appropriate miscellaneous tag and/or non-billable Activity Code
- Post time.