Non-billable time entries in Clio allow you to track activities that you do not wish to charge your client for or to appear on the client invoice or bill.
To find out more about how to create non-billable entries within Clio, and how these work, check out Clio's support article.
Setting up your non-billable code in WiseTime
Your non-billable code from Clio can be set up as a corresponding Activity Type in WiseTime, which means that any time that is posted with this activity code will end up in Clio with the non-billable checkbox already ticked.
You will first need to have your non-billable code set up in Clio:
- Go to Activites - Manage Categories
- Add a new category called 'non-billable' or similar. Note that the actual name does not matter and is for your reference only.
To set up the non-billable code in WiseTime:
- Go to Team Settings and scroll down to Activity Types
- Add the non-billable code, ensuring that the name of the category in Clio matches the name in the "Code in connected System" column. The "Wisetime console label" can be chosen freely, again, for your reference only.
- Next click on the settings cog next to the Connector in the Connectors section.
- Add the non-billable activity type to the property table. Again, the name used must match the name given to the category in Clio. Hit the enter key after typing in the category name.
Note: This field is a comma-separated list, so you could enter multiple activity codes to show as non-billable, such as "Non-Billable, Marketing" which would make these two Time Entry Categories work as non-billable ones.
Now your non-billable activity type is set up. Every time you post activity with this code to Clio, it will show up in your Clio account with the non-billable checkbox checked.