How does WiseTime work?
The WiseTime desktop App works together with WiseTime online Console:
- The WiseTime App captures the activity data from the users’ computer
- The data is securely transmitted to the WiseTime online Console which automatically applies tags where a match is found
- The WiseTime online Console displays to users the captured activity in their private timeline
- Within the WiseTime online Console, users can review their activity, post it to their team(s), and also access the inbuilt analytics and reporting dashboard
- If the WiseTime Connector is set up, the posted time is pulled via a secure channel and allocated to the relevant case within the connected practice management system. This is done by a connector app running in your local network, behind your firewall.
You can access the WiseTime desktop App using the WiseTime icon located in your system tray (near your computer’s clock). If you right-click the icon, you can open your WiseTime online Console in your web browser with one click.
Does WiseTime need internet access to work?
The WiseTime desktop application does not require internet access to capture your activity. This means that all activity will still be captured as usual while you are offline. WiseTime does, however, require internet access in order to sync the activity to the WiseTime Console. If you have been working offline, this sync will automatically happen as soon as an internet connection becomes available.
How will WiseTime identify the case reference?
When there is an active connection between WiseTime and your practice management system, each case reference from your practice management system is automatically added as a tag in WiseTime. When there is a keyword match for that case reference (tag) the activity is automatically tagged and thus pre-assigned to that case. This happens when the case reference is within the window title that WiseTime detects. Then when the time is posted from WiseTime to the practice management system, it is registered against the correct case or client as per the detected reference.
What happens if I am interrupted by phone or by any other people coming into my office?
You are able to set up a threshold for inactivity ranging from 2 to 10 minutes. When you have been inactive for the set amount of time WiseTime will pause capturing activity and resume when you are once more active on your computer. When WiseTime resumes again it will prompt you to create a manual time entry for the time you were away so that you can either enter what you have been busy with, such as, a phone call or a meeting, or choose not to log any time and continue as normal.
What if I use two different monitors?
WiseTime can easily handle multiple monitors, without any additional set up. Just as it normally would, WiseTime continues to record the active window no matter which monitor it is displayed on.