The grouping feature can save users a lot of time by allowing group properties, such as tags, activity codes, and narratives, to be automatically added to all the entries within the group. This means that you do not need to apply the properties for each individual time row but can quickly and easily assign properties to multiple rows.
Remember, your time entries are totally private to you until you choose to post them to your team.
Creating and using groups
When you select one or more entries from the timeline you will see the entries appear in the action pane on the right with two options - 'Post' or 'Create Group'.
When you create a group, you can:
- Add a name to the group as a reference if you have multiple groups open throughout the day (double click on default group name [eg. 'Blue'] to edit)
- Add a group narrative which will be sent through to your connected system and shown in invoices and billing reports (simply write into the open text frame or select from suggested list)
- Edit the total time for the group if you need to make any adjustments for billing (double click the total time to edit)
- Add tags to all entries within the group (Click to select the tag and it will be applied to all entries within the group)
- Add activity type to all entries within the group (Click to select the activity type and it will be applied to all entries within the group)
- Add more time rows with the same tag to the group using Magic Wand (With a single click onany other time rows containing the tags of the group will be added at once).
It’s possible to have multiple groups open at any one time so you are able to add to them throughout the day. To keep a group open, simply don’t 'Post' the group. Group properties are saved on entry, so you can click away from the group and return to it later. A group icon will appear next to the tag and activity icons along the row, allowing you to add entries to the group throughout the day. You can open and/or collapse the group at any time by clicking on any one of the group's time rows.
Once your group is ready, click 'Post' to share it with your team.
Grouping features explained
Magic Wand button
The Magic Wand button is located adjacent to the Tag and Activity Type buttons, to the right hand side of the action pane. Clicking on the Magic Wand will add to the selected group all ungrouped time rows that contain the same tag as those of the group. Note that if a time row contains multiple tags, only the tags that appear in the group will be attached to the time row if it is added to the group by the Magic Wand.
Suggested group narratives
WiseTime remembers your previously used narratives, to save you from having to re-type them each time. Simply begin typing into the Description text frame, and any previous narratives that match the text you’ve typed will appear as a list of suggestions to select from. Alternatively, you can click on the empty Description text frame for a list of Recently Used descriptions.
Note that this feature is personal to you and saved descriptions will not transfer between your team members.