With WiseTime connecting to QuickBooks your customers are synced so they appear automatically in WiseTime. Your employees can seamlessly send recorded activity from WiseTime to QuickBooks, to appear as time entries in QuickBooks that are ready to be invoiced. No need for start/stop timers or manually create time entries.
The QuickBooks Connection is available as part of the Pro Plan. Upgrade in the Team Settings page of WiseTime to get connected.
Connecting WiseTime to QuickBooks
To have WiseTime connected to QuickBooks, an employee must be created in QuickBooks for every WiseTime user. This means that in QuickBooks, under Payroll, when you create an employee, WiseTime will need to have the employee's email or name to authenticate against. You only need a single QuickBooks account, however, to connect multiple users in WiseTime.
Follow the steps below to set up your connection:
- Go to the online console at wisetime.com/console
- Click on the "Team Settings" page from the left-hand menu
- Scroll down to 'Connections', and click on "New Connection"
- Then use the dropdown menu to select Connection Type "QuickBooks"
- You will then be directed to QuickBooks to authenticate your account. If you are not already logged into your QuickBooks account, you will be prompted to log in before you can connect.
- You will then need to allow WiseTime access to connect to your QuickBooks account
- Once done, you will be redirected back to the WiseTime console and your new connection will appear listed under 'Connections'
Your WiseTime-QuickBooks connection is now up and running. Please note it may take a few minutes to sync all of your customers from QuickBooks.
Note: either the email address used when registering to WiseTime or the 'external user id' must match the email address used in QuickBooks for the user to be able to post time.
Connector property settings:
After you create your connection, you can re-authenticate the connection (1) at any time. This may be necessary if your QuickBooks connection is lost due to an issue with your QuickBooks subscription, or if the user who initially authenticated the connection has left your WiseTime team.
The connection settings below can be used by system administrators to manage advanced properties for your connection. Please note that these are optional settings and are not required for the connection to function.
Available properties to configure:
- ADD_SUMMARY_TO_NARRATIVE (2) can be set as TRUE or FALSE. It determines if the summary of your narrative will be sent to your connected system by default.
- SHOW_CLOSED_CASES (3) can be set TRUE or FALSE. If marked FALSE, WiseTime will not import QuickBooks customers marked as 'Inactive'. Correspondingly, WiseTime will not automatically tag any time rows to an inactive customer.
Using WiseTime with QuickBooks
WiseTime will change the way you work
WiseTime is a leading autonomous timekeeping solution. Our mission is to relieve professionals from the monotony and administration of timekeeping, so they can focus on the needs of their clients instead.
With WiseTime passively capturing your activity while you work, it will collate it in a private timeline and present it to you ready to review. Imaging never having to manually record a minute of your time, or press start/stop times, and when you reach the end of your day you have a detailed draft of your day's activity.
Your customers are automatically identified
With WiseTime connected to QuickBooks, your customers will be synced directly from QuickBooks to WiseTime. This means that your customers will appear within your activity timeline, for example, when you send them an email. WiseTime uses the title of your active window so that any document or email that you work on with the customer name present will be automatically assigned to the customer's account in QuickBooks.
Your private WiseTime timeline
Everything in your timeline is 100% private to you, so you review your day's work, assign any customers to an activity before you choose which activities to send to QuickBooks. With QuickBooks connected, you can also assign services to your activity from within WiseTime, so that all of you activities are ready to be invoiced when you send them to QuickBooks.
Seamlessly create detailed invoices
With WiseTime as your memory, you won't miss a minute and your timekeeping will be meticulous - all without extra manual input from you. Now you can easily send clients invoices that show them exactly how much time you spend on their behalf.
Bill faster and better with WiseTime connected to QuickBooks.